Recently, National Geographic has published its Photo of the Day roundup, which features some of the best travel photos taken in 2015. From Skaters on Lake Baikal, Russia to night fishermen in Japan, this year’s roundup includes some of the breathtaking destinations in the world. Criteria for ‘Photo of the Day’ is to upload any classic, quirky or some story telling image, and best out of those will be picked indirectly by users like you.
The number of shares, likes and comments on social media show which snapshots are resonating the most with people around the world. However, we’ve complied 20 best photographs from the roundup. Some of them are absolutely phenomenal and too gorgeous to be true. Have a look and decide yourself which one you like the most. Or simply upload your photograph here.
1. Bird Feeders, China
2. Penguins Ready to Attack, Antarctica
3. Running of the Bulls in Pamplona, Spain
4. Skaters on Lake Baikal, Russia
5. Night Fishermen, Japan
6. Grand Canyon Clouds, Arizona
7. All The Fishes in the Sea, Cabo Pulmo
8. The Village, Hungary
9. Mount Rainier National Park, Washington
10. Underside of an Antarctica Iceberg
11. Death Valley, California
12. Trollstigen, Norway
13. Quintana Roo, Mexico
14. Falls In Autumn, Plitvice Lakes National Park, Croatia
15. Humpback Whale, Tonga
16. Cracking The Surface, Lake Baikal
17. Bioluminous Larack, Iran
18. Shining Through, Apostle Islands National Lakeshore, Wisconsin
19. Something’s Fishy, British Columbia Coast, Canada
20. Dancing With The Moon, Iceland
All photographs are owned by National Geographic.