Entering into the third week of the No Shave November campaign, some might be feeling itchy and finding it difficult to handle their beard. Especially those who haven’t kept a beard in a while, it must be an uncomfortable feeling. Well, here we are with some motivation for you that’ll keep you strong in supporting the Movember movement. We have gathered some incredible beard facts to keep you inspired for the noble cause. Also, we have compiled a list of some cool beard grooming products that’ll help you keep your beard long, sexy and healthy.
Some cool Beard facts:
1. Facial hair grows faster when a man has not had sex for a while.
2. Beards make you 63-percent more likely to win any staring contest.
3. The average man spends 3,350 hours (almost 139 days) shaving in his lifetime.
4. Growing and cultivating facial hair is known as Pogonotrophy.
5. Beard grows 5.5 inches per year and protects one from dust, harmful UV rays and pollen allergies.
6. Facial hair grows more in the summer and also faster in daytime than at night.
7. Studies has shown that on average, women find a man with a full grown beard more attractive than a clean shaven man.
8. It’s a myth that beards grow faster if you shave.
9. Abraham Lincoln grew a beard in late 1860 after getting advice from an 11-year-old New York girl named Grace Bedell.
10. During the Middle Ages touching someone else’s beard could be seen as disrespectful and even grounds for a duel.
11. Before Sir Thomas More was beheaded in 1535, he moved his lengthy beard aside, saying “it had never committed any treason.”
12. In 1997, Shamsher Singh of Punjab, India, had his beard officially measured at an astonishing 1.83m (6 feet). This is the longest beard on a living male.
Beard Grooming products that you should try for a healthy beard:
1. Water, Vitamins and Minerals: Vitamins A, B1, B6, B12, C, Biotin, Niacin and Zinc promote beard growth. Besides that, you can try Omega 3 supplements along with a balance diet.
2. The Beard Oil: You can try different beard oils available in the market to keep your beard and skin healthy. A combination of sweet almond, argan, jojoba, cedar wood and tea tree oil, the beard oil nourishes the facial hairs and also keeps your skin glowing.
3. The Beard & Mustache Wax: A must have for men with wild and rough beards, these products serve a great purpose of styling wild hair.
4. Beard Bristle Brushes: A boar bristle brush is an essential product if you care for your beard. Moving smoothly through your beard, it causes almost no irritation and also helps distribute your beard oil evenly throughout your facial hair.
5. The Beard Balm: After some solid growth, you’ll need a beard balm to keep your facial hair in shape and also locking in the moisture. A good beard wax contains sealants such as shea or beeswax and moisturizers like jojoba and argan.
Go ahead and let it grow